WARNING – Lithium ion batteries can cause fires if not properly packaged.
LumaIII has contacted UPS to determine shipping regulations regarding the lithium polymer batteries that are included with your product the following information below is for UPS and we will update this as best we can. If you have any questions about shipping hazardous materials with UPS, please call the UPS Hazardous Materials Support Center at 1-800-554-9964
When shipping the Aurora for UPS GROUND in the USA this is the information we have found.
1. Box up your items with the original packaging if possible. Be sure to remove any existing labels from the packaging.
2. If original packaging is unavailable please make sure to keep batteries packaged properly. Batteries terminals must NOT touch. If the plastic sleeve for batteries is not available please put electrical tape over the battery terminals.
3. Print out the attached label and tape it to your package, ensuring that the bar code is clearly visible.
4. Please print out the battery label (in color). Please tape the label to the box. Please click here for battery label
5. Please print out the UPS Battery Form and fill out. Please place this document inside a packing list envelope and attach to the outside of the box. (UPS will have packing slip envelopes). If you have any questions about this form regarding the batteries from LumaIII, Inc. please contact us at 316-440-4430. Please click here for the UPS Battery Form for USA
We apologize for any inconvenience in these instructions, these rules and regulations are set by UPS and are designed to ensure your product will return to LumaIII, Inc. in a safe and timely manner.
The Luma Team